Auberge du Cheval blanc Jossigny - Restaurant - Jossigny
The decor is reminiscent of a big family house in the country, the Auberge du Cheval Blanc features local specialties that are authentic, imaginative, and refined, made from the best products of our regional traditions, and they are all accompanied by an impressive wine list.The Auberge is a little corner of the countryside where authenticity is staunchly defended by Chef Marc LABOUREL, the Guardian and Provost of the Guild of Cheesemakers and Knight of the Brotherhood of the Companions of Brie de Meaux, longtime director of the Androuet restaurant in Paris.
The restaurant offers 3 dining rooms, and each one features its own style to create a fantastically harmonious ambiance. In summer, the terrace is set up for outdoor dining. The tables are covered with lovely tablecloths. Come enjoy all of the culinary pleasures our restaurant offers out in the fresh air. The restaurant can seat up to 200 guests, but it’s also the perfect spot for a romantic dinner or for a family reunion, a business dinner, or a business meeting.
Our chef creates familiar and traditional dishes, served in infinitely generous portions, featuring wonderful French products, like sea bream, cod, daurade, turbot, fresh pike perch from the local fishmonger; noble “Beaugency” cuts, steaks, beef filet, lamb from its exclusive butcher; violet pepper vinaigrette artichokes, fennel, wood blewit, girolle, and chanterelle mushrooms, and the aromatic herbs of the family produce markets in Vitry-sur-Seine…
The cheese cart assembled by Marc Labourel is an expert composition that tells the story of the seasons. For Summer: Fourme d’Ambert, Valençay, Ste Maure, crottins, very mild St Marcelin and Reblochon -reminders of a savoyard childhood.
Business lunch clients are particularly fond of:
* The “green getaway” from work just 10 minutes from the office
* Orders taken up to 2 in the afternoon, wi-fi, and available parking.
* Express menu – served in 1 hour – at €27.50 (2 courses) or €35.60 (2 courses + dessert) * Plush and comfortable atmosphere: arm chairs, spacious seating…
* Gillardeau oysters served year round, light and delicious fish dishes
* “healthy/delicious” options: Gillardeau oysters, grilled or roasted fish…
* “True favorites” like kidneys, sweetbreads, and frog legs.
Evening and weekend diners are particularly fond of:
* Our hospitality, service, and the unique atmosphere of the Auberge
* Orders taken until 10 in the evening
* Our comfortable bar where you can enjoy a drink before or after your meal
* White linen dining, generous portions
* Our “Fascination” menu for genuine gourmet pleasures at €60
* A large terrace for a pre-dinner cocktail
Wine cellar: wonderful wine/food pairings at very reasonable prices
*A selection of whites that privilege Burgundy selections for shellfish, fish, and lobster: Irancy, Pouilly-Fuissé and Pouilly-Fumé, Mercurey, Chablis with, for example, a Meursault Les Tillets 2009 from Vincent Girardin for €49 or a Pernand Vergelesse 2009 from Jean-Luc Aegerter for €75.
* A tremendous Bordeaux list including second wines and grands crus, but also ade Burgundies with a Gevrey Chambertin 2009 by F. Magnien for €45, Côtes du Rhône with, for example, a Crozes-Hermitage 2009 – Les Fées Brunes for €39.